Burlexe is a unique on and offline experience about the lives of the women who created burlesque; both contemporary performers and the legends that paved the way.
It’s a theatrical experience, not a typical burlesque show. Conceived, created, written and produced by Howard Wilmot, Burlexe began in 2011 with a series of shows mixing stories, song and burlesque performance. At the heart of what we do are the fascinating stories of fascinating women.
Praise for our shows
– ‘Refreshingly relaxed format… an intriguing avenue for burlesque’ – The Stage
– ‘One of the most innovative and unique burlesque shows, this is a top quality event. You’d be mad to miss it quite frankly’ – Burlesque Bible
– ‘The emphasis is on storytelling and tease! I would give this show ten out of ten. You will be entertained’ – via Trip Advisor
– ‘The stories of these bold women are as entertaining to hear as they are enticing to behold’ – Erotic Review
– ‘Those peeps over @Burlexe have done it again! BRILLIANT’ – The High Tease Cast
– ‘An enjoyable evening of various theatrical disciplines that caters to a wide audience… this show provides a great springboard from which to start the weekend’ – West End Wilma
– ‘Boylexe brings sex to the city with hot bodies and heartfelt stories’ – This Is Cabaret
– ‘An all-male burlesque show? Yes, please’ – Gay Times
– ‘The best night of sexy, sultry and sensational showmen’ – Theatre & Performance
We also offer private shows together with cabaret and burlesque acts to hire – we only promote performers we’ve worked with, know to be the best in this art form, are stylish and appropriate for the audience.
Main image of Chloe Ewart by John Bland at OEM Film